Last updated: March 26, 2020
For the next while Kitsilano Christian Community will be gathering as a community in a new way — virtually for our services.
We are in this together (although at a distance for now…)!
And, most importantly we are all held by our Lord Jesus Christ — Maker and Sustainer of our world.
Pre-service prayer: 8:55am
(join as early as 9am)
— OR —
Join by phone: (778) 907-2071
Meeting ID: 390 462 5861#, followed by another #
Sunday Service: Live Stream
You will be able to join the meeting any time after 9:00am PT Sunday morning, bringing your own coffee, and getting settled in your favourite chair or sofa.
The service starts at 9:20am PT Sunday to keep a sense of normality. We will post audio on the regular sermon page of the website, sometime after the end of the service.
If you can, light a Christ candle in your own home for the service.
Youth: Online Meeting
The Youth Sunday school will be meeting by ZOOM at 1pm Sundays. Jeff will be connecting with youth to set that up.
Sunday School: Online Resources
Sunday school resources will be sent to parents each week so that you can learn and pray as a family together.
How to use ZOOM
Over the coming weeks we will be hosting a “virtual” service on Sundays, online with Zoom video conferencing app.
You can join either from your computer or smart phone, or dial in by telephone for audio only. The church has a subscription; there is no charge (or advertising) to you as a participant.
Computer or Mobile App
The first time you use Zoom you will be prompted to download a small app; follow the instructions and allow it to proceed (details may be different for various operating systems).
Allow the system to use your computer sound and video if you want to be heard and/or seen by others. Your microphone will be muted when you join, and we ask you to leave it this way until asked to speak, to avoid adding background noise. Since you are essentially face-to-face with others, you can also pause video at any time if you don’t want to be seen.
Call in With Your Phone
If you are unable to join us on a computer or mobile app, you can join the meeting by dialling in. This is a local phone number and your normal phone rates will apply.
If you have any problems, you can contact Ian Graham at 778-840-6049, or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a work-in-progress, so your patience is appreciated if this doesn’t work the first time.
More Ways to Stay Connected
There are lots of other ways to connect with your KCC community during these times. Council recommends the following:
- Prayer—During the week, pray together with members of our Kits community for our world and join a centering prayer group via zoom.
- Small Groups—Continue gathering in your small groups, dinner for eight groups, committees or other social groups via ZOOM or other on-line platforms. Please email email@example.com about how you can use our KCC zoom account for your meeting.
- Giving—Email Lee Best, our envelope secretary, if you wish to give electronically during this time.
- Connect on Facebook—Join KCC’s Facebook group to share ideas for online events and gatherings, places to help and volunteer, prayer and practical needs; encouragement and comfort.
- Read Kits Matters—We will continue to send emails with updates on opportunities to worship, pray, serve, and socialize together with your KCC family.
- Reach out!—If you feel lonely, discouraged or anxious, reach out to Monica, Council, Deacons or a trusted church friend.
Prayer Opportunities (using zoom)
- Monday: 7:30am Centering Prayer
- Tuesday: 7:30am Centering Prayer
- Wednesday: 7:30am Centering Prayer; 11:30am Intercessory Prayer; noon Centering Prayer
- Thursday: 7:30am Centering Prayer
- Friday: 7:30am Centering Prayer
- Sunday: 8am Centering Prayer
Centering Prayer includes 20 minutes of silence.
If you are interested in participating, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the links.